I absolutely love Halloween… It’s definitely one of my favorite holidays. It’s the one time of year you get to dress up as whoever or whatever you want to be whether it’s your favorite tv/ cartoon character, a zombie, throwback era, or your alter ego; all without judgments or awkward looks.
My favorite part of this ghoulish holiday is creating my own costume and of course designing a table.
Come take a peek at my halloween.
Cookie Lyon Costume
This year with all the rage of the Fox hit show Empire, I decided to be Cookie Lyon (who doesn’t want to be a music mogul/ ex-con for a day, right?) this costume was created with things I already had in my closet (and borrowed from someone else’s closet).
- Dress from JCPenney
- Chinese Laundry Black Knee-High Boots from Amazon
- Fuchsia Gloves with matching Fuchsia Clutch
- Borrowed Furs
Doc McStuffins Costume
My 2 year old loves Doc McStuffins and Minnie Mouse. So hard to choose which to be but we (I) ultimately decided to go with Doc McStuffins; especially since she has the entire set of characters.
- Doc McStuffins Lab Coat and Stethoscope from Big Lots (came as a set)
- Doc McStuffins Pink Sparkly Shoes from JCPenney
- Doc McStuffins Headband from Party City
- Striped Purple Shirt and White Leggings from Wal-Mart (I cut the sleeves from the shirt and attached them to the bottom of the leggings with a Halloween-themed button
- Handmade Book of Booboos with Crayon
- Black Candelabra from Michael’s
- White tablecloth (of course)
- Spider Web Tablerunner from Ross
- Black Jeweled Skeleton from Ross
- Black Cloth Buffet Napkins from World Market
- Dark Purple Round Chargers from Michael’s
- Clear Round Glass Plates and Bowls from Dollar Tree
- Mini Skulls from Michael’s
- Glass Milk Jars from Michael’s
- Gold and Black Skull Ribbon from Michael’s
- Purple and Black Flowers from Dollar Tree