Sadly, the hot and humid summer is coming to an end and what better way to celebrate the last holiday of the season than a relaxing BBQ as we transition into fall (my favorite time of the year, especially since it’s my birthday). This BBQ is inspired my dad (September 1, 1940 – December 2, 2006) who loved the outdoors and loved spending time with his family. Each year, because his birthday fell on or near Labor Day he would tell us he was giving us the day off from school as a gift. (Lol). He would take us camping (which I truly enjoyed, but my sisters were total divas and could do without) and we would enjoy the serenity of Mother Nature…. really great times. Take a look at by Backyard BBQ.
Here is how you can recreate the look:
- Plain White Tablecloths– In case you haven’t viewed my previous posts, I absolutely love white tablecloths. I have them in every size, shape, and design. While I have many colorful ones, my go to is white. Since there was going to be BBQ involved, I didn’t want to use my nice tablecloths and therefore found industrial tablecloths at Sam’s Club. Other tablecloths can be found here and here.
- World Market Oasis Green Buffet Napkins – Dress up your table with these fresh green buffet napkins. I decided to roll them up and tie them with tan twine to add a little bit of character. Be creative in your presentation. Other napkins can be found here and here.
- Green Poly-Braided Coasters– These coasters went perfectly with the décor of the table setting. Love, love, love them. Others can be found here, here, here, and here.
- Pier 1 Mesa Placemat – I absolutely love this placemat; it’s round and the color reminds my of the neutral tones in Mother Nature. So many color inspirations come to mind throughout any season you choose to use them in. More placemats can be found here, here, here, and here.
- Lime Green Square Plastic Plates- One of my Dollar Tree finds (Did I tell you how much I love Dollar Tree… Who would’ve thought you could incorporate items on the cheap to create a chic and elegant look?).
- Pier 1 Shutter Lantern– This beautiful lantern created the ambiance for the BBQ exuding a calming atmosphere filled with love and laughter. Copper toned metal with a mix of weathered pine and a braided linen handle tied the multiple aspects of this tablescape together; just add a white candle. (Plus, my mother-in-law raved over them). Other lanterns can be found here, here, here and here.
- World Market Rattan Tray & Caddy– One of my favorite kitchen duos, the tray and caddy helps to keep everything organized for your BBQ. The caddy offers 4 compartments for BBQ necessities like silverware, skewers, and napkins. A gorgeous decorative piece, the tray can hold condiments, snacks, and other accessories to keep things tidy on the food table. More trays and caddies can be found here, here, here, here, here, and here.
- 1-Gallon Beverage Dispensers– A wedding gift, this beverage dispenser was perfect for our Backyard BBQ serving refreshing lemonade and hawaiian punch. Super easy to access and great for the kids. Other dispensers can be found here, here, and here.
Recreate your Backyard BBQ and create memories… Love you Daddy and Happy Birthday.